The WomenWork Network has launched a new initiative called Rebuild, which will provide emergency loans to women entrepreneurs in Kenya.
The reconstruction program aims to enable women-owned businesses to survive the economic crisis created by the COVID-19 pandemic. The loan also aims to stabilize these companies, in particular to retain staff and adapt to the new economic environment.
To be able to get the loans, the companies must be majority owned by women and they offer loans from Ksh. 31,200. They will also receive business training and will also be part of the WomenWork entrepreneur network.
- A valid Kenyan national identity document
- 18 – 70 years
- Your business is majority owned by women (51% and over)
- Your business has been around for at least 6 months before you apply for loans
- You have an annual turnover of 5 million Ksh and less
- You have less than 50 employees
- Your company does not engage in activities related to alcohol, tobacco and drugs, weapons manufacturing and activities related to war, gambling and betting, sex related industries , or does not belong to the government or to parastatal actors
- You are a member of WomenWork rebuilt by the Facebook group
To apply for the WomenWork Rebuild program, go to rebuild.womenwork.co.ke/rebuild.